Saturday, June 13, 2009

Wreck This Journal - Week 2

The Journal has delivered me some problems this week. I was intructed to rip strips off the journal and to throw a page away.

Me: "What? Are you crazy? There's no way I'm going to tear a page from a journal."

The Voice: "Yes, you can!" Me: "Are you out of your mind? I've never, ever tear anything from a book or journal. This is ridiculous!"

The Voice: "Remember last week, you poured Chai Latte on a page. So how hard it is to tear it?"

Me: "Spill drinks on a page is different to throw a page away. It's like ... it's like ..."

The Voice: "It's like you're really destroying something."

Me: "Yeah, that's it. I just can't."

The Voice: "No you can!"

Me: "It's not right!"

The Voice: "Why you have to do things right? And what is right and what is wrong after all?"

Me: " ... "

The Voice: "You see, only you could decide if this is going to be right or wrong. So what if you're telling yourself that this is the rightest thing in the world to do?"

Me: " ... "

The Voice: "Come on! You can do it!"

Me: " ..."

The Voice: "I know you can. You're a brave woman!"

See below for end result.

19 comments:

WrightStuff said...

I'm going to London on Monday and thought I would leave a page on the tube and let it journey around under the city for a while...

miruspeg said...

Touche Hybrid....well done!
You have a very smart voice inside your head.
Enjoyed the witty and clever banter.
Cheers
Peggy

Anonymous said...

Good work. I am going for my page right now.
-elin-

Barbara/myth maker said...

It's not easy, I know!! Way to go!

Karen said...

Bravo! And hey--why does your voice sound like my voice?!

Kim said...

Loved the inner monolgue - looks like you have that page done,too, now!! LOL

The Bodhi Chicklet said...

That's a pretty clean looking trash can. But love the concept of accepting the loss. I think that's the bottom line here.

Victoria Brouhard said...

Thank you for sharing that inner dialogue with us. This is shaping up to be an amazing journey for all of us!

Caroline said...

Good for you! I know it's hard to go against what you believe in...but it's part of the journey! Keep up the wrecking!

Hybrid J said...

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the loving comments and knowing that you enjoy the monologue. You're all champs! :)

Genie Sea said...

LOL! Your inner cheerleader rocks! YAY! You did it and did it marvelously! :)

Pink Heels said...

Despite the obvious nature of this book to destroy it in more ways than I can count, I am cherishing every page. It seems somewhat ironic to cherish a book so much that I would tear out pages and throw it away!

Jamie Ridler said...

You're a brave woman!! The proof is in the missing page :)

WTG!

Hybrid J said...

Hi Genie,

The Voice thanks you to call her cheerleader. She always wanted to be one! ;)

And Pink Heels,

I feeling exactly the same and began to realize that I'm totally in love with the journal!

The Wonderful Jamie,

It's all because of you that I got learn how brave I could be. My humble thanks!! :)

Anonymous said...

Gotta love that little Voice of yours! What a cheerleader you've got!! Great Job!

Hybrid J said...

Hi Kelley,

I hope the "cheerleader" work for you as well. :) Thanks for the visit.

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

It's ok-you can do it--you can do it...it's my mantra with this book....

Hybrid J said...

Hi Tabitha,

Yes, we can do it ... we can do it ... we can do it ... You should see me bobbing my head like crazy! :D

C said...

Good for you! I'm going to go tear out my page right now -- thanks for the inspiration!