Friday, April 3, 2009

Juli Adams

A lot of my stories are triggered by visual images. Most of the time it would be just something I see in my mind, but I also draw inspirations from all sorts of visual artworks. With my bend to strange tales, I’m drawn to a certain type of artworks and artists. I don’t claim to know very much about art. I just follow my instinct and liking to pick the artworks & artists.

I have followed Juli Adams work for a few years. Apart from her paintings, what really draws me to her is her profile in her website.

" … But I’m driven to work. I am convinced that I will get past the fear, the stomach ache, the worry butterflies. But I keep working. I am after what is in my guts. What I know the moment before I fall asleep … that the second I let go, what comes out of me will be right …"

Every time I read the above, I feel like she is telling me that everything will be fine. Just keep going.

P.S. My favourite paintings of Juli Adams are "Momento Mobile", "Lucky Charm" and "Second Thoughts". Go to her website, click oil paints and scroll down to no. 16, 18 & 19. You could also visit her blog for her lastest news. Enjoy!

No comments: